Minor in Russian Studies
A minor in Russian Studies was approved in the Fall of 2009; this is a joint program involving primarily the Departments of Modern Languages and History.
The Minor in Russian Studies consists of 18 hours of course work divided between 2000-level language courses (6 credits) and 3000 and 4000-level courses in Russian culture, literature, history, and politics (12 credits).
Language Courses - 12 credits
- RUS 2010 Intermediate Russian I (3 c.h.)
- RUS 2020 Intermediate Russian II (3 c.h.)
- Area Studies Courses (select 5) - 20 credits
- ML 2050 Russian Culture (3 c.h.)
- ML 3130 Russian Literature in Translation (3 c.h.)
- HST 3120 Survey of Russian & Soviet History (may be repeated for a maximum of 6 credits)
- HST 4220 Studies in Russian & Soviet History (may be repeated for a maximum of 6 credits)
- HST 4550 Studies in United States Foreign Relations (3 c.h.)
- PLS 4530 Soviet Successor States (3 c.h.)
Students wishing to be admitted to the Minor in Russian Studies must:
- a. have been admitted to a major subject within CoLA or another WSU college, such as College of Business;
- b. have completed their first two semesters at Wright State University (i.e., have received at least 24 credits), with a GPA of 2.5 or better;
- c. have completed ENG 1010 (Academic Writing and Reading) and ENG 1020 (Writing in Academic Discourse);
- d. have completed RUS 1010 and RUS 1020 with the grade of C or better;
- e. have completed specific requirements or prerequisites attached to each minor course in particular.